Dental implants have many benefits that you may not know about. Implants can be used for patients with varying levels of tooth loss and they can last for years to come. Not only can implants give you back your smile, but they promote overall oral health.
In short, dental implants can:
- Give you a full, beautiful smile.
- Restore the function of your smile.
- Encourage bone regrowth in your jaw.
- Prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Improve facial bone structure.
- Boost your confidence.
The titanium post dental implant acts like a natural tooth root, which aids in the stability and durability of your implant and the surrounding natural teeth.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
Once the implant is placed and you have recovered, dental implants feel like your natural teeth. While surgical placement and restoration may cause some discomfort, you shouldn’t feel any severe pain.
Think of your dental implant placement like knee or hip replacement surgery, which involves physically adding a new element to your bone structure. Although the placement may cause temporary discomfort, the replacement tooth should actually relieve pain and improve your oral health.
When you’ve been missing a tooth for a while, you may start experiencing pain in the surrounding teeth or in your jaw. Eating may also be painful or irritating when food gets shoved into the open space or trapped between teeth. Replacing your tooth can help you save yourself from pain down the road.
Of course, if you do ever have any unusual lingering pain from your dental implants site, call us at Compassionate Dental Care right away so we can help!
Tooth Implant Process
Before the actual process of placing the implant, a few other steps need to be completed, including:
- Comprehensive Dental Exam: During this step in the process, you’ll have x-rays and 3D images taken so that models of your teeth and jaw can be made.
- Review of Medical History: Your dentist will need to learn about your medical history past dental and medical treatments, surgeries, or conditions. The circumstances of your medical history are important factors in determining your ability to undergo dental implant placement.
- Plan out Treatment Plan: A detailed map of your treatment will then be created, complete with elements personal to you, such as how many of your teeth need to be replaced and how each tooth needs to be treated during the procedure.
You will be prepped for the actual implant process after going through the above-listed steps. We will talk to you about the type of anesthesia you’ll be using and then give you instructions for eating and drinking before your placement.
The steps of the tooth replacement process are as follows:
- Damaged Tooth Removal: If you have an existing tooth that needs to be removed, we’ll extract your damaged tooth first.
- Jawbone Preparation: Your jaw will need to undergo certain steps before it is prepared to take on the implant.
- Dental Implant Placement: The next step is the actual placement of the dental implant.
- Bone Growth and Healing: This step in the process can take the longest. Usually, a few months are necessary for your mouth to heal and for bone growth to take place.
- Abutment Placement: If your particular dental implant requires an abutment piece, we’ll attach that before the new crown is placed.
- Dental Prosthetic Device Placement: Following the abutment attachment, you’ll have your dental prosthetic device placed and the entire process will be officially completed.
Then you’ll be ready to go with a beautiful, full smile again!
Dentures and Implants
Implant-supported dentures are a great option for patients who don’t want to deal with traditional dentures. Your snap-in dentures cost will be different than another patient’s cost. This goes for individual dental implant cost and All-on-4® Treatment Concept implants cost as well.
Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
When looking at dental implants, all of the advantages could help you decide between one treatment and another. Dental implants are highly proclaimed as one of the best restorative dental treatments available to patients. However, we want you to receive the treatment that is right for you.
When choosing dental implant placement, you can discover the following benefits:
- Improved aesthetic appearance of your smile.
- Boosted self-esteem and confidence.
- Improved comfort with your smile.
- Greater ease when eating or speaking.
- Improved oral health.
- Increased durability.
- Convenience with normal daily brushing and flossing routines.
At Compassionate Dental Care, we care about you and your smile. Let’s talk about how a dental implant can help you feel better about your smile.
Learn More About the Cost of Dental Implants and Other Factors Influencing the Benefits of This Procedure
Get in touch with our team at Compassionate Dental Care with any questions concerning dental implants. We can talk to you about the benefits of dental implants, as well as whether or not you qualify for dental implant treatment. We’re excited to help you on your journey toward a happier, healthier smile. Call to schedule a FREE Dental Implant Consultation at (847) 854-7645. We are excited to walk you through the dental implant process and discuss a treatment plan for your beautiful, new, confident smile!