One of the most important requirements for receiving dental implants is the amount of bone density you have in your upper and lower jaws. We’ve already mentioned how placing a dental implant can stimulate bone growth, just like the root of a real tooth does.
However, if you have been missing a tooth for a long time, the bone density may be too low. Low bone density creates an unstable base and won’t have enough support for a full dental implant.
In addition to necessary bone density, some patients may not want to pay for a full dental implant or bone graft, or the cost of a regular implant may be out of their price range. That’s where mini implants can make all the difference.
What Are Mini Dental Implants?
Mini implants are essentially the same as regular implants except that they are significantly smaller in size. The average regular dental implant is anywhere from 10 to 15mm long whereas a mini dental implant will be about 1.8–3.3mm in length.
Mini implants are made up of two parts: a titanium post with a ball at the end and a socket with a rubber O-shaped ring that works to attach the tooth to the post. Mini implants are capable of supporting most types of dental prosthetic devices, including bridges, dentures, and crowns.
Mini dental implants can also be used to secure loose arches of dentures. This means you can potentially enjoy full mouth tooth replacement treatment with mini dental implants.
Pros of Mini Dental Implants
You can enjoy the many positive benefits of mini dental implant placement, including the following:
- No Need for Bone Grafts: Mini implants were created specifically for patients with less bone density and allows them to have implants they otherwise wouldn’t be able to have.
- Less Rigorous Procedure: Mini implants don’t require major surgery like traditional implants.
- Shorter Healing Time: The healing time for implants takes months. Mini implants can turn a months-long recovery process into just a few days.
- Less Discomfort: The lack of major surgery means the tissues and other areas of the mouth won’t be agitated. This means you won’t need to be on pain medications for longer than a couple days.
- Convenience: The procedure is often completed in one visit and the patient can start eating normal food just hours later.
- Comfortable: Just like traditional dental implants, mini implants can make life a lot easier for patients who have been dealing with dentures. No more slipping and sliding! Mini implants hold everything securely in place.
- Prevents Facial Collapse: As with traditional dental implants, mini implants can help promote bone growth and density so that your face can retain its shape.
Mini Dental Implants Cost
Most dental implants require bone grafting as well as multiple appointments to complete the procedure. You may not qualify for a dental implant based on the amount of bone density in the given area. When you don’t qualify for a traditional dental implant, it can be disappointing news.
Mini Dental Implants Cost Less Than Traditional Dental Implants
Mini dental implants are the perfect solution. They can usually be installed in just one visit with local anesthetic and without sutures. You can even start using your new teeth right away, whereas with regular dental implants you would need to wait for the permanent crown after your jaw is fully healed.
Getting teeth fixed can be complicated and in the case of traditional implants and bone grafting, costly. Mini dental implants, on the other hand, are much less expensive and offer an alternative to regular dental implants.
Mini Dental Implants Near You With Compassionate Dental Care
Not sure if mini dental implants are right for you or not? We can help!
Contact our talented team at Compassionate Dental Care today to discuss your possible dental implants treatment including full mouth implants, how to get dental implants, a mini tooth implant, one tooth implant cost, and more. We’re excited to help answer your questions and get you on the road to a better, healthier smile.